Sport Premium Funding
From March 2013, the government has provided additional funding of £150 million per annum to improve the provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools in England. Each school will receive £8,000 per year and an extra £5 per pupil per year.
As a school we are committed to use this funding with the aim that all pupils should be physically literate with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
How the money will be spent
Sport Premium funding will enable
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
It will be the responsibility of the Head teacher and the PE subject coordinators
- To report to the Governing body annually
- To identify the successes and impact of the funding
- Monitor the take up of extra-curricular sports
The Governors of the school will ensure that there is an annual statement on how the Sport’s Premium Funding has been used and its impact. This report will be published on the website.
Please note: Swimming 2020-2022 - Data not available due to Covid restrictions