Longfield Primary School Breakfast Club.
In line with the Government's easing of restrictions, we are delighted to inform you that Breakfast club has now re-opened.
In order to safeguard the children and minimize mixing, the children will be looked after in bubbles These are likely to consist of the following year group bubbles:
Year 1 & 2
Year 3 & 4
Year 5 & 6
This will slightly restrict the activities the children will have access to but will reduce the need for the number of children required to isolate should there be a positive case of Covid-19.
The Breakfast Club is available to children who are registered pupils at Longfield Primary School from Reception to Year 6. Places are limited to 30 as we wish to offer a first class service.
•Provide a high quality service which meets the needs of both parents/carers and children.
•Provide a consistent service in an environment that is secure, supportive and encouraging where parents/carers feel confident to leave their children.
•Provide an opportunity to engage in activities, to relax and have fun.
•Provide a nutritious start to the day and encourage children to make healthier choices about food.
There are 30 places available in our Breakfast Club which will be offered to pupils on a first come, first served basis. Full details of the admissions process together with details on how to book is published below.
Fees & Agreement
From Monday 5 July the following changes will take place:
- Sessions will run from 7.45 am to 8.40 am.
- Bookings are to be made via the ParentMail app. by clicking on accounts, selecting dates and checking out your shopping basket.
- The fee per session will be £4.00 per child, (this includes Parentmail admin charges.)
- The session fee is payable at the time of booking, no refund can be given, so please only book for the sessions you know you will require.
- The booking window is available up to a half term in advance and up to 24 hours before the session starts.
- Parents of children who are attending Breakfast Club for the first time will need to also complete a registration form and email it to email@example.com
There is a minimum of 2 staff at all times during the Breakfast club session.
Each session will run from: 7:45 until 8:40 am when the children will be taken to their classes.
The Breakfast Club is based in the Community room on the ground floor.
- A Healthy and Nutritious Breakfast
- A good portion of starchy foods e.g. low salt/sugar breakfast cereals, bread, toast.
- A choice of fruit (fresh, canned or dried).
- Semi-skimmed milk or low-fat yoghurt.
- A choice of drinks, water, fruit juice, semi-skimmed milk.
The choices available will reflect the guidelines set by Food Standards Trust and the Healthy Schools programme.
- The opportunity to do homework and quiet reading.
- Quiet Indoor Games & Activities.
- Outdoor Activities (weather permitting).
If you wish to book a session taking place on or after 5 July, please submit your booking via the ParentMail app.
(Choose : Accounts, select Breakfast club, select the days of the week you wish to book , and then select: pay now.)
Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. If you require assistance, please contact the school office team. Please remember to email your child's registration form to the Breakfast club if making a booking for the first time.
If you have any questions and would like to know more then please contact our Breakfast club Manager, Mrs Cook, via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave your note in the mailbox outside the school office, clearly marked ‘for the attention of Breakfast club’.
Please email your questions to:
Contact Number: 0208 868 7663
(Between 8.30am – 4.00pm)