We take the responsibility of looking after our children very seriously. Our Child Protection policy can be viewed by clicking here.
Keeping our children safe means:
- Providing a safe and nurturing environment
- Ensuring the health and safety of every child
- Ensuring that all adults that work here have undergone full safety and security checks. Our Safer Recruitment policy can be viewed by clicking here.
- Protecting children from deliberate harm
- Being an anti-bullying school
- Being pro-active against any discrimination (Race, Gender, Disability, Sexuality)
- Use of safe physical intervention when necessary
- Meeting the needs of pupils with medical conditions
- Providing First Aid
- Caring for children's' personal needs
- Keeping children safe when they use the internet
- Making sure our school is secure
If you are concerned about the safety and welfare of any child do not hesitate to come in to school and speak to a member of the senior leadership team. If you feel a child is in immediate danger please call Children's Services on 020 8901 2690 during office hours and 020 8424 0999 after hours.
In any conflict between the needs of the child and those of others, the needs of the child will come first.
Any allegation which may indicate and adult has behaved in a way that has:
- Harmed a child, or may have harmed a child;
- Possibly committed a criminal offence against or related to a child; Behaved towards a child or children in a way that indicates s/he is unsuitable to work with children must be reported to the Designated person(s) for Child Protection
The Designated person will then report the matter to Harrow Children's Services. If the concern is about a member of staff it must be reported to the Headteacher. If the concern is about the Headteacher, then it must be reported to either the Chair of Governors or to Children's Services.
The Main Office door has a button entry system. Please press the button and the door will be unlocked. If you do need to go further than the reception area you will be asked to sign in and wear identification. This is necessary for the security of the children and the staff and in the event of a fire we need to know who is in the building.
Between the hours of 9.00 a.m. and 3.00 p.m. the gate in Farm Avenue will be closed and visitors may only enter the school via Dukes Avenue gate and the main entrance.
Signs at the Dukes Avenue gate clearly indicate the Main entrance to the school. When visiting the school please use only those pathways and areas agreed by the Governing Body to leave and collect your child. If you need to come into the school building, use only the main office entrance.