Foundation - Nursery & Reception Homework Overview
- A class library book of the child's own choice will be brought home each week.
- Phonics homework. Revise letter sounds and practice blending while reading.
- Pencil words which are tested weekly. New ones will be given only when children are confident on previous set.
- Reading shelf books and library book to share on a daily basis.
- Library books and reading books will be changed weekly (children may request to change their books earlier, should they finish reading a book early).
Please return reading books and book bags daily, as children read every day in class.
- Weekly homework based on literacy or maths focus with guidance for parents/carers.
Other home learning tasks to be carried out during the year:
- Join a Library and explore a variety of fiction and non-fiction books together.
- Visit the Natural History Museum to learn about dinosaurs, mini beasts and sea creatures.
- Visit a farm to find out about farm animals
- Do cooking and baking activities at home with your child. Discuss ingredients, measurements and encourage children to make predictions.
- Visit local shops. Talk about weights, money and numbers.
- Visit the park. Find out about seasons, plants and changes in the environment.
- Go on a train or bus journey (talk about transport).
- Play a range of turn taking games.
- Do some form of exercise with your child such as cycling, skipping or jogging.
- Regularly talk to your child about what they have been learning in school.
- Help your child to dress up and act out a story.
- Learn Nursery rhymes and songs